Our Philosophy is: “Live Happy, Care Well”
We believe those two things go hand in hand. If you’re not essentially happy in life, the care you provide will not be the best it can be. Equally if you’re not equipped to care well there will be a tension that will affect your happiness.
At Ocean Healthcare we are continually investing in our training and support functions to help our healthcare workers to be the best they can be. While we are always professional and work hard we also build fun and joy into what we do.
Happiness is an active choice we all have to make each day. We believe that for many healthcare workers Agency Working is a great way of life. While you need to do your bit, a great agency should provide you with a variety of flexible work opportunities to keep you as busy as you’d like to be.
Build work around your happiness and be happy in your work.
The Recruitment Process
- You contact us (Register your interest or application form) or via other mediums, phone, email messaging and one of our friendly Recruitment Consultants will get in touch.
- We ask you a few questions (called a pre-screen) to make sure we meet your needs and you meet our requirements.
- Our recruitment consultant will arrange an interview with you are one of our local branches.
- If you haven’t already, you’ll complete an application form.
- When we arrange the interview, you will also be asked to bring some forms of proof of identify, training certificates, right to work (if required).
- At the interview we will explain in more depth how Ocean Healthcare works for Healthcare Assistants (HCAs), typical agency life for carers and what to expect.
7. If you’re happy we will get your permission to run the mandatory DBS check and we will take your photo to make up your ID Badge.
8. We will also ask, if not already provided, for references.
9. Our recruitment consultant will send you a link to our mandatory online training and also book any additional training such as moving and handling.
10. Once checks and references are back and training is complete, we will arrange for you to come in for registration, give you your uniform and ID badge, sign the contract, run through any procedures and policies and welcome you to the team.
11. You will also meet our booking coordinators and you’re then ready to work.
This process generally takes 7-10 days.
Watch our video on working for Ocean Healthcare
“I have only recently joined Ocean Healthcare and I can’t recommend them enough, they are supportive and friendly and it is so great to be able to in different places and be so flexible with the days and hours you work.”
“Ocean is an amazing company to work for, when yo have any problems they are there to help, the office staff providing your shifts are amazing and so helpful with everything, even it it’s just a rant you need!
They listen to what you like and your preferences are for work and make it easy for you to adjust your hours to suit your lifestyle and home life.
The rates of pay are good and the hours are as flexible as you need them to be.”
“My Daughter has been working for Ocean Care for a short time. She loves it. Thank you for appreciating she has other commitments and fitting in with health problems, she is a hard worker and very caring. There is no pressure from yourselves to on take shifts. Thank you also for paying a decent wage. She has worked for many years in the care sector, contracted and 0 hours on minimum wage. You will keep your team if you continue to respect them and treat them as “family.”
“I have only been working for Ocean Healthcare for nearly 3 weeks but am very much enjoying working with the agency, communication is amazing and I am able to work around my family and choose my hours easily. Weekly pays which helps massively and I have had my days I’m available filled up with jobs. A very good understanding agency who help give you the hours and support in your job that you need. Am hapPy to be a part of the Ocean Healthcare Team”. x
Use the form below to send a General Enquiry about our HCA Jobs in Axminster: